- Licensed Beds:334
- Service Area:East Idaho
- Long-Term Beds:
- Swing Beds:
- Ownership:HCA Inc. for-proft
- Dialysis Center:
- Assisted Living Beds:
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 334-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls; whose mission is, “To improve the lives of those we touch.” EIRMC serves as the region’s health care hub, offering specialty services including cardiovascular surgery, electrophysiology, leading-edge cancer treatment, trauma,
neurosurgery, intensive care for adults, children and infants, and a helicopter and ground medical
rescue service. Additionally, EIRMC is the only provider in the region offering perinatalogy services (maternal-fetal medicine) for high-risk pregnancies; neonatology services for extremely premature and critically ill infants; gynecologic-oncology services provided by specialists who focus only on cervical, ovarian, uterine, and other reproductive cancers in women; and inpatient and outpatient psychiatric
services. EIRMC is also the regional leader in wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
- In a medical emergency, minutes matter. Air Idaho Rescue is EIRMC’s air emergency medical transport service. Because of EIRMC’s premier trauma services, Air Idaho Rescue responds to critical illnesses and injuries within a 500-mile radius of the hospital. This area encompasses some of the most rugged, remote, and sparsely populated terrain in the United States, including the magnificent Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.
- The Behavioral Health Center (BHC), an offsite extension of EIRMC, is a 72-bed inpatient psychiatric facility for children, adolescents and adults. Specialized staff provides 24-hour crisis intervention for people experiencing a variety of mental health problems.
- EIRMC has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for certification as a Primary Stroke Center. Currently, we are the only one in this region and 1 of only 2 in the state of Idaho. By achieving certification we have proven the ability to provide effective, timely care to stroke victims and can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients.
- We have been designated a Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons’ Committee. Additionally, we are Idaho’s only Level 1 Intensive Care Unit, and only winner of the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence in Idaho. As we look to the future, EIRMC is the first Idaho hospital to “go digital” with technological innovations that includes bedside bar-code scanning and electronic medical records.
We have a commitment to act with accountability, integrity, respect, quality, loyalty and enjoyment while serving in this hospital. With this promise, we want to make our patient’s visit the very best it can be. We want to exceed their expectations. We believe it is our privilege to do so.
For more information, please visit their website by clicking here.